We’re hoping to have this upcoming release done in less than a week. Dave just fixed a killer bug that was holding us back, so now the only holdup is one last round of testing, and a call for any last-minute translation updates. In our previous release, we had: Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, French, Italian, and Japanese. At the moment, chinese and japanese will need some heavy-lifting to update themselves for 1.2, and of course we’re happy to support any other languages people are willing to translate (at this point, we probably want to switch to some system of stable/unstable releases, so that unstable ones can be fully translated).
To quote marcavis’ earlier post: “If you have some good knowledge of your language, and feel like helping (we know you do), register on www.transifex.net, and either request to join the translation team of your language, or to create one if it doesn’t exist already. Frogatto’s page is here. There’s also some further instructions on how to do the translation work in this forum post, so be sure to check it out!”
So what’s new in this release?
* Complete redo of attack logic; frogatto now is free to walk around whilst he attacks, and in general is much more responsive.
* Frogatto’s tongue-grabbing is MUCH more forgiving
* Complete rewrite of damage handling; much more consistent now, and categorically eliminates some bugs where damage wouldn’t get dealt.
* Reworked some tilesets to eliminate tiling errors.
* Further enhancements to dungeon wall graphics (added edges).
* New, more readable dialogue font.
* Lots of small graphical tweaks.
* Maps are now strewn with spittable props within easy reach.
* Rewrote most of the dialogue.
* Collectible items like coins can be collected by being touched by the tongue, besides just frogatto’s body.
* Redrew the world map.
* Added a few new monsters, like the red hornbugs, and completely rewrote how bats behave.
We’ve also been working on a ton of other stuff that won’t make it into this release, because it couldn’t be finished in time. Most of this is a huge rewrite of the forest area; adding a boatload of new monsters and puzzles to it, and also giving it an actual story and boss battles to make it as rich as the seaside section. Also a bunch of sweet new music ryan has made which I can’t wait to have a home for. It’s going to be a lot more work before we’re done with that, so we wanted to get the things that are polished-off to you sooner rather than later.
Woooow! Exciting times! 😀
Sweet! Sounds awesome. Keep up the great work!
Oh thank you! I hope that crash on Starlit Cave is fixed
It is savegame compatible with 1.1?
The new updates make the anticipation even more intense…